Construction progress continues on the I-95 Express Toll Lanes project. We are committed to ensuring the construction is as painless as possible for motorists. This site will keep you up-to-date on any detours, lane closures or different traffic patterns throughout the area.
Future Traffic Patterns at I-95/MD 43 Interchange - Late Summer/Fall 2014
- New flyover ramps for westbound MD 43 to southbound I-95 and eastbound MD 43 to northbound I-95 traffic
- New ETL ramps for eastbound/westbound MD 43 to southbound I-95 ETL and northbound I-95 ETL to eastbound/westbound MD 43
- New ramp for southbound I-95 to westbound MD 43 to southbound Honeygo Boulevard
Reconstruction of the I-95/MD 43 Interchange
As part of the Maryland Transportation Authority’s I-95 Express Toll Lanes (ETLsSM) Project, the interchange at MD 43 and I-95 will be reconstructed. MD 43 (White Marsh Boulevard) will be widened from four to six lanes through the interchange. Two new elevated ramps will be built to allow direct ETL access between MD 43 and I-95 to and from the south. Two highway speed, general-purpose ramps will be built over I-95 to serve motorists traveling from eastbound MD 43 to northbound I-95 and from westbound MD 43 to southbound I-95.
Reconstruction will include the widening of 1.6 miles of I-95 in this area to realign the existing eight general-purpose lanes and add the four Express Toll Lanes.
Traffic Patterns On Campbell Boulevard
Traffic patterns were altered when construction along Campbell Boulevard began in June 2012. Construction is part of the I-95 Express Toll LanesSM project.
How You Will Access the ETL
Motorists will have the following choices to enter the ETL:
- Northbound – on I-95 near the I-895 merge, on I-895 just prior to the merge and from Moravia Road.
- Southbound – on I-95 near White Marsh and from
MD 43 (White Marsh Boulevard).
Motorists can exit the ETL at the following locations:
- Northbound – to I-95 near White Marsh and to MD 43.
- Southbound – to I-95 near the I-895 split, to I-895 near the split and to Moravia Road.